How dominant was the United States in CONCACAF’s 2016 Olympic qualifying tournament?
• The U.S. women won their five games by scores of 5-0, 1-0, 10-0, 5-0, and 2-0. (That’s a cumulative score of 23-0.)
• The Americans had 109 shots, 54 of them on goal. Their opponents managed just 8 shots, 5 on goal.
• The United States took 41 corners. Opponents: 7.
• Of the 17 U.S. field players, 8 scored:
Crystal Dunn (6 goals)
Alex Morgan (5)
Carli Lloyd (4)
Tobin Heath (2)
Christen Press (2)
• The All-Tournament Team included 8 Americans:
Goalkeeper: Hope Solo
Defenders: Kelley O’Hara, Becky Sauerbrunn
Midfielders: Tobin Heath, Lindsey Horan, Morgan Brian
Forwards: Alex Morgan, Carli Lloyd
(Canadians filled the other three Best XI spots: Defenders Kadeisha Buchanan and Allysha Chapman, and midfielder Ashley Lawrence.)
• U.S. players won every individual tournament award:
Golden Ball (best player): Morgan Brian
Golden Boot (top scorer): Crystal Dunn
Golden Glove (best keeper): Hope Solo
• Team USA also won the Fair Play Award, presented to the side that best demonstrates exemplary sportsmanship.